From "Godbey, David J. (HQ-LM020)[DIGITAL MANAGEMENT INC.]" <david.j.god...@nasa.gov>
Subject Servlet getInputStream getting truncated
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 21:06:50 GMT
This is probably a good place to pose this question. I'm guessing someone will know what is
going on, and perhaps http-client has a solution.

You will recall that recently I created a "proxy" servlet to deal with NTLMv2 authentication
because not java nor jaxws can manage NTLMv2 authentication. http-client provides the authentication
layer for me, and that is working perfectly.

Now I have a new problem. When the servlet payload gets too large (and not all that large,
mind you) the input stream gets truncated and the Exchange EWS request fails. Here are the
details, see code below if needed:

The request.getContentLenght() method returns 9,219 bytes.
When I unload the request.getInputStream() into the buffer and count the bytes the logger.debug
spits out, I count 7,776 bytes. And indeed, the SOAP XML package is malformed. What happened
to the other 1,443 bytes?

App server=JBoss 5.1.

Anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?
Thanks,
Dave

  public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse 	response) throws ServletException,
IOException {
    response.setContentType(CONTENT_XML);
    PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
    try {
      int len = request.getContentLength();
      byte[ ] buf = new byte[len];
      _logger.debug("SOAP request length="+len+" buffer size="+buf.length);
      BufferedInputStream in = new 									BufferedInputStream(request.getInputStream(),
len);
      in.read(buf, 0, len);
      _logger.debug("SOAP resquest :");
      _logger.debug(new String(buf));
      String soap = doEws(buf, request);
      _logger.debug("SOAP response :");
      _logger.debug(soap);
      out.print(soap);
    } catch (Exception e) {
      throw new RuntimeException(e);
    } finally {
      out.close();
    }
  }

  private String doEws(byte[] inSoap, HttpServletRequest r) {
    DefaultHttpClient httpclient = new DefaultHttpClient();
    String soap = "";
    try {
      String localIp = Inet4Address.getLocalHost().getHostAddress();
      HttpHost httpHost = new HttpHost(_host, 443, "https");
      httpclient.getCredentialsProvider().setCredentials(new
		AuthScope(httpHost), new NTCredentials(_user, _password,
		localIp, _domain));

      AuthCache authCache = new BasicAuthCache();
      HttpParams params = new BasicHttpParams();
      HttpProtocolParams.setVersion(params, HttpVersion.HTTP_1_1);
      HttpProtocolParams.setContentCharset(params, "UTF-8");
      HttpProtocolParams.setUseExpectContinue(params, true);

      NTLMSchemeFactory nsf = new NTLMSchemeFactory();
      AuthScheme authScheme = nsf.newInstance(params);
      authCache.put(httpHost, authScheme);

  // Add AuthCache to the execution context
      BasicHttpContext localcontext = new BasicHttpContext();
      localcontext.setAttribute(ClientContext.AUTH_CACHE, authCache);

      HttpPost http = new HttpPost(_serviceEndpoint);
      for (Enumeration en=r.getHeaderNames();en.hasMoreElements();) {
        String name = (String) en.nextElement();
        if (!(name.equals("host") || name.equals("authorization") ||
				name.equals("content-length"))) {
          _logger.debug("Adding header="+name);
          try {
            http.addHeader(name, r.getHeader(name));
          } catch (Exception e) {
  // Don't worry, keep going
          }
        }
      }
      http.setEntity(new ByteArrayEntity(inSoap));

      HttpResponse response = httpclient.execute(httpHost, http,
		localcontext);
      HttpEntity entity = response.getEntity();

      if (entity != null) {
        soap = EntityUtils.toString(entity);
      }
      EntityUtils.consume(entity);

    } catch (Exception e) {
      throw new RuntimeException(e);
    } finally {
      httpclient.getConnectionManager().shutdown();
    }
    return soap;
  }