From "Godbey, David J. (HQ-LM020)[DIGITAL MANAGEMENT INC.]" <david.j.god...@nasa.gov>
Subject RE: Issue with NTLM proxy authentication over Https
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 16:53:32 GMT
Oleg,
Wow, you have a proxy client? I should give that a look.

Anirban:
My problem was this:
1. My JAXWS client for the EWS service does not manage authentication because JAXWS itself
does not manage authentication.
2. To authenticate, I used java.net.Authenticator. However, the Authenticator does not support
NTLMv2.

My solution was this:
1. Created a local endpoint (servlet) for the JAXWS client instead of the EWS service (EWS
endpoint is SSL with NTLMv2).
2. The servlet (using HttpClient 4.2) received the raw SOAP request and the list of headers.
3. Using httpclient (4.2) pack up a post with the SOAP request, bring over the relevant headers,
and send the post to the EWS endpoint.
4. The servlet succeeds and receives the SOAP response that it then returns to the JAXWS client.

With that, I am back in business.

Oleg,
Can I remove my local endpoint servlet, return the JAXWS client to point directly to the EWS
SSL NTLMv2 service, and set java -D directives to specify an authenticating proxy that I will
build from HttpClient ProxyClient? Can this work?
Dave