From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Detecting when SSL socket connects
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:58:22 GMT
On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 02:42:47PM -0700, John Sheehy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> using HttpComponents client 4.2.2, is there a way I can be notified when an
> SSL connection is ready for writing? I'm using a
> PoolingClientConnectionManager and I think I need to somehow override
> DefaultClientConnection's update() method which should be called when the
> TLS negotiation is complete, but I'm not sure how the plumbing works.
>
> Any help appreciated,
> John.

John

JSSE API exposes a simple and effective mechanism of getting SSL protocol level notifications
by registering a listener on an SSL socket instance

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/net/ssl/SSLSocket.html#addHandshakeCompletedListener%28javax.net.ssl.HandshakeCompletedListener%29

All it probably takes on the HttpClient side is a custom socket factory or a hostname verifier.

Oleg