From "Welty, Richard" <rwe...@ltionline.com>
Subject RE: how to work around javax.net.ssl.SSLKeyException: RSA premaster
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 20:33:31 GMT
I finally worked out how to get the wirelog out of a Fuse ESB application, it's attached.

From: Susanta Mohapatra [mailto:mohapatra.susanta@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:18 AM
To: Welty, Richard
Cc: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: Re: how to work around javax.net.ssl.SSLKeyException: RSA premaster

This is strange...  can you provide more info?

- what is the jdk version ?
- which server are you trying to connect? apache httpd or any thing else?
- are you using any authentication scheme with ssl ? like basic/digest/ntlm etc

try to start jvm with following flag: -Djavax.net.debug=all
This will generate wire log output in console. Send the wire log result.

-Susanta

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Welty, Richard <rwelty@ltionline.com<mailto:rwelty@ltionline.com>>
wrote:
Welty, Richard [mailto:rwelty@ltionline.com<mailto:rwelty@ltionline.com>]  wrote:

>Susanta Mohapatra [mailto:mohapatra.susanta@gmail.com<mailto:mohapatra.susanta@gmail.com>]
writes:
>> You need to add the unlimited strength JCE files. Google it, you can find the download
link easily.

>I saw discussion of that in the context of Oracle/Sun environments, and IBM environments.
It wasn't clear it applied to >openjdk, but I'll try it and see.
I have ended up switching from openjdk to an oracle/sun jdk, 6u35, and have installed the
unlimited JCE policy files as specified. I am still getting the error:

javax.net.ssl.SSLKeyException: RSA premaster secret error
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.RSAClientKeyExchange.<init>(RSAClientKe\
yExchange.java:97)[:1.6]
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverHelloDone(Client\
Handshaker.java:744)[:1.6]
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientH\
andshaker.java:238)[:1.6]

any suggestions on how to diagnose this?

Richard