From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: preemptive authentication issue
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:29:04 GMT
On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 10:24 -0500, Stephen J. Butler wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Welty, Richard <rwelty@ltionline.com> wrote:
> > However, I am having all kinds of problems getting preemptive authentication to
work with the service now site, and I don't have much time left to get it working. Can anyone
offer any suggestions on how to do this? Service now does not do interactive auth, I have
no choice but to do preemptive, but I followed the example here:

> I never got pre-emptive auth working either. What I did was construct
> the Basic Auth header manually and add it to the request myself. Works
> fine, and the code seemed just as long (or shorter) than the code
> example given for pre-emptive auth.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_access_authentication

@Stephen
Make sure you are not affected by HTTPCLIENT-1215. The downside of this
approach is that HttpClient will not retry authentication by using
another scheme in case of preemptive authentication failure.

@Jason
One can also use internal HttpClient logging facility to produce packet
wire dump along with some contextual details that can come quite handy.

@Richard
Make sure you are not affected by HTTPCLIENT-1215. If the default port
value (-1) is not the culprit, post a wire / context log of the session
and I'll have a look at it.

Oleg