From David Motes <davidmo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing Zipoutputstream to outputstream blocking requests
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 13:52:01 GMT
Where is this code running? On a server or on the Android device?
Where is the blocking occurring? on server or android?

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Kalyan Enganti
<kalyanenganti@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I am working on an android file explorer application. When a large folder is requested
for download I am zipping the folder and writing its contents to the outputstream using the
code below.But any further requests are blocked until the file is downloaded.The createZipFile()
method takes file name and ouputstream and returns OutPutStreamWriter object.What could be
the problem ?Should I consider moving this to a thread?I have tried many variations already
and none seem to work.Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

>         if(f.isDirectory()&& action.equalsIgnoreCase("download")){        File
zip=new File(file);        entity = new EntityTemplate(new ContentProducer() {
public void writeTo(final OutputStream outstream) throws IOException {                action=null;
               OutputStreamWriter writer=fileop.createZipFile(file, outstream);
     writer.flush();            }        });response.setHeader("Content-Type", "application/zip");
       response.setHeader("Content-Disposition","attachment; filename=\"" +zip.getName()+".zip\"");
       response.setEntity(entity);    }Thanks Kalz