From David Motes <davidmo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing Zipoutputstream to outputstream blocking requests
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 14:55:18 GMT
I assume you are trying to do the comm on your main thread. Which is
going to hang the app.

 I have not messed with Android in a while. There are several ways to
not hang your app, I have used a couple.

 If you  want to do comm and still allow user interaction do the comm
in another thread and use a CountDownLatch to detect when the comm is
complete.

 If you just want to avoid blocking do the code as a Task extends
AsyncTask. There are a few methods you have to implement and you can
show a "task processing" dialog until the comm is complete.

If you cannot find an example I might be able to scrounge one up...