From Arya <arya6...@gmail.com>
Subject httpclient socks dns not working correctly
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 21:11:17 GMT
Hello

When using socks proxy with httpclient the dns gets resolved on the local
machine instead of on the proxy machine. socks 5 should not be behaving
like this and it causes security issues. When I use TOR with httpclient set
to use it as a SOCKS proxy TOR gives out warning messages about DNS not
being resolved on the remote proxy server which it should, but when I use
Java's native socks proxy support everything works as expected with no
warning messages about dns not being resolved on the proxy server. Are
there any plans to fix this issue?

Regards!