From Susanta Mohapatra <mohapatra.susa...@gmail.com>
Subject SSL Self-signed certificate problem JDK1.5 & 1.6
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 08:55:00 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to import a self-signed certificate into the default java
keystore "cacerts" ( Java version 1.5 ). The certificate is imported
successfully but when I try to use HttpClient library to connect to the
server, I run into the error

sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts:getSSLException

I found some articles by googling that you need to make a new jks keystore
by importing the self-signed certificate. But I want to do it on the
default keystore "cacerts". I don't want to relax the constraints of
certificate checks at client side.

Please help me out with the correct solution for the issue.

Thanks
Susanta