From "Welty, Richard" <rwe...@ltionline.com>
Subject how to work around javax.net.ssl.SSLKeyException: RSA premaster
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:39:18 GMT
I'm working on a project which is switching to httpclient 4 from the old commons-httpclient
3, and I'm working through certificate issues.

The environment is FuseESBEnterprise-7.0.1, a packaging of apache servicenow, and I obtained
httpclient 4 via the camel-http4 feature. The OS is CentO= S 6 with openjdk 1.6.0

The remote site I'm accessing is demo04.service-now.com, which is using some sort of wildcarded
certificate. I used code found here (http://javaskelet=

on.blogspot.com/2010/07/avoiding-peer-not-authenticated-with.html) to work around the wildcard
problem.

I can access the site via curl easily enough:

curl -u admin:admin https://demo04.service-now.com/cmdb_ci_list.do?XML&sysparm_query=name=123.123.123.198

and it returns the expected result

having worked through the wildcard issue, I'm now looking at this, with no clear understanding
of how to go forward. Does anyone have any suggestions?

javax.net.ssl.SSLKeyException: RSA premaster secret error

        at sun.security.ssl.RSAClientKeyExchange.<init>(RSAClientKeyExchange.java:114)[:1.6.0_24]

        at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverHelloDone(ClientHandshaker.java:703)[:1.6.0_24]

        at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:228)[:1.6.0_24]

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:609)[:1.6.0_24]

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:545)[:1.6.0_24]

        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:945)[:1.6.0_24]

        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1190)[:1.6.0_24]

        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.writeRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:657)[:1.6.0_24]

        at sun.security.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(AppOutputStream.java:108)[:1.6.0_24]