From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to work around javax.net.ssl.SSLKeyException: RSA premaster
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:05:01 GMT
On Tue, 2012-09-25 at 15:39 +0000, Welty, Richard wrote:
> I'm working on a project which is switching to httpclient 4 from the old commons-httpclient
3, and I'm working through certificate issues.

> The environment is FuseESBEnterprise-7.0.1, a packaging of apache servicenow, and I obtained
httpclient 4 via the camel-http4 feature. The OS is CentO= S 6 with openjdk 1.6.0

wildcarded certificate. I used code found here (http://javaskelet=

> on.blogspot.com/2010/07/avoiding-peer-not-authenticated-with.html) to work around the
wildcard problem.

> I can access the site via curl easily enough:
>

> curl -u admin:admin https://demo04.service-now.com/cmdb_ci_list.do?XML&sysparm_query=name=123.123.123.198
>

> and it returns the expected result
>

> having worked through the wildcard issue, I'm now looking at this, with no clear understanding
of how to go forward. Does anyone have any suggestions?

This looks like an SSL protocol issue unrelated to HttpClient. All I can
think of is upgrading the JRE to something newer.

Oleg