From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Bandwidth usage
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 14:07:59 GMT
Hi,

Is there a good way to calculate the bandwidth used by a request?

I'm doing a get and I try to track the upload and download bandwidth used.

So for a get, there is some upload to the server. There is the URL,
and the headers. But seems there is a bit more than that and I'm not
able to figure what.

When I get the respons, I'm using getHeaders("Content-Length") to get
the content lenght. But I'm most probably missing the header size. I
also tried EntityUtils.toString(entity).length() but none of them
seems to be accurate.

So I'm wondering is there is a good way to calculate the bandwidth
used for upload and download?

Thanks,

JM