From William Speirs <wspe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Inherit cookies from applet session
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 13:20:15 GMT
I've never setup the client to deal with cookies, but there is
information in the state management section:
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/tutorial/html/statemgmt.html

Bill-

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:40 AM, Austin, Carl
<Carl.Austin@baesystemsdetica.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am replacing some code in an applet, where HttpURLConnection was used,
> with HttpClient (Version 4.2.1). All has gone well so far, however
> unlike HttpURLConnection it seems that HttpClient doesn't inherit the
> cookies from the session of the applet and as such the HttpClient
> connection gets back a login page as I have the URL secured. I already
> have an authenticated session as I authenticated to access the applet in
> the first place. Is there a way to inherit this with HttpClient or do I
> either need to re-authenticate or need to get the jsessionid (plus any
> other cookies that may exist) from the applet's session and recreate
> these cookies for the HttpClient request by hand? Ideally I would like
> it to perform as URLConnection, and feel that perhaps I am missing
> something.
>

> Many Thanks
>

> Carl

> This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.

of BAE Systems plc details of which can be found at http://www.baesystems.com/Businesses/index.htm.