From "Austin, Carl" <Carl.Aus...@baesystemsdetica.com>
Subject Inherit cookies from applet session
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 08:40:50 GMT
Hi,

I am replacing some code in an applet, where HttpURLConnection was used,
with HttpClient (Version 4.2.1). All has gone well so far, however
unlike HttpURLConnection it seems that HttpClient doesn't inherit the
cookies from the session of the applet and as such the HttpClient
connection gets back a login page as I have the URL secured. I already
have an authenticated session as I authenticated to access the applet in
the first place. Is there a way to inherit this with HttpClient or do I
either need to re-authenticate or need to get the jsessionid (plus any
other cookies that may exist) from the applet's session and recreate
these cookies for the HttpClient request by hand? Ideally I would like
it to perform as URLConnection, and feel that perhaps I am missing
something.

Many Thanks

Carl

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.

Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised
signatory.

The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies under the control of
BAE Systems plc details of which can be found at http://www.baesystems.com/Businesses/index.htm.

Detica Limited is a BAE Systems company trading as BAE Systems Detica.
Detica Limited is registered in England and Wales under No: 1337451.
Registered office: Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YP, England.