From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTPClient ntlm smart card
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 14:52:06 GMT
On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 07:10 -0700, Matthew Young wrote:
> Or is the user of the NTCreditials class:
>
> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/auth/NTCredentials.html
>
> suppost to populate the constructor?  In other words, I have to talk to the
> smartcard and pull out my user info then create a NTCreditials class?
> Thought that would have been baked into the auth setup but after a cup of
> coffee maybe the HTTPClient setup leaves this up to me?

Shockingly, it does. HttpUrlConnection (which is what I suspect is being
used by Eclipse and Subversion plugin) makes use of platform specific
calls in order to obtain a security token needed to generate NTLM
messages. HttpClient does not do that (for various reasons). So, user
credentials in the form of NTCreditials need to be provided by the user
in order for the NTLM scheme to work.

Oleg