From Jose Escobar <eb.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Use a unique instance of httpclient with some differents sets of trust certificates
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 14:17:25 GMT
Hi there,

First of all let me say English is not my native language; please
excuse typing errors.

I'm using Httpclient 4.2 on a Spring project to send Http Post
requests. It's working correctly with a singleton DefaultHttpClient
bean managed by a PoolingClientConnectionManager. This
PoolingClientConnectionManager has two schemas, http default port 80
and https default port 443 with default jsse trust certificates and a
key to authenticate the client to remote servers. As I say it works
great but now I have to validate some remote servers with given
certificates and they are not signed by default jsse trust
certificates. I don't want to simply add this new certificates to the
trusted certificates keystore because I only want to use them against
specific Urls for security reasons (I don't know how are they managing
their private keys).

Is it possible to add these certificates to a singleton httpclient and
remove them after execute a HttpPost without affect others parallel
working threads that are using the same httpClient or may I should
create a new HttpClient instance with the apropiate trust
certificates?

I can send some code if you needed. Sorry for my english again...

Thanks in advance.

Jose E.