From Kishanthan Thangarajah <kshanth2...@gmail.com>
Subject Support for HttpClient4 in Axis2 - Implementing HttpEntity
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2012 10:39:18 GMT
Hi All,
We are in the process of supporting httpclient4 in axis2 [1] along with
httpclient3 implementation. Since most of the httpclient4 implementations
are new from 3, we have some questions on proceeding with it. With
httpcleint 3, we used RequestEntity class in creating a Request entity
which will be used in wrapping the axis2 message object. Then this will be
used by axis2 http sender in every request. With httpclient4, in getting
the same thing done, we are using HttpEntity.
But with HttpEntity, we have to implement getContent() method in getting
the request entity content. This method returns an InputStream. So what we
did was, return a ByteArrayInputStream of the message in the method impl.
(ie *return new ByteArrayInputStream(message.getBytes()*). But is this the
best way of handling this, method considering performance.?
We figured out this way by referring to some of the available impl of this
method, such as in ByteArrayEntity etc.

Thanks,
Kishanthan.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4318