From tommmmmm <tommm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use logging abilities of HttpClient?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:04:03 GMT
@William Speirs
1. I am using NetBeans.
2. No, no maven. Never.
3. That xml file looks like .properites file (has same type of content).
Why would xml work then and .properties doesn't?

@Oleg Kalnichevski
1. No -D settings. Because
a) I don't know how to set it
b) If something can be done with command line switch it also can be done in
the code. And I don't want to be forcing myself/others to type 500+
characters to just run my tool. It is not the first time someone suggested
me that - I have always refused and will always refuse.

I tried various other logging lines and logging settings - it works
perfectly as long as it is my code. The HttpClient related lines just seem
to be ignored. Totally.

I also used to used HttpClient 3.x few days ago - I went back to that old
project and added logging lines - you won't believe - it worked!!!!
Straight off the bat, without ANY fancy code. So why doesn't it work with
4.x ? The logging lines are almost the same.

@all people who said earlier that migrating was easy
6hours+ just to get logging working. Easy? My a**

Tom