From tommmmmm <tommm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use logging abilities of HttpClient?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:50:20 GMT
On 10 April 2012 16:43, Ryan Smith <ryan.justin.smith@gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW, in maven, I added log4j as a dependency to my pom.xml, I put a
> log4j.xml file in my ./src/main/resources folder and had debug logging
> working in under 2 minutes.
>
> 6 hours+ is no fun indeed.

Gratz.

I already made sure there is no commons-logging-api.jar in my classpath,
but the good one commons-logging.jar
I also made sure there is one log4j jar in my classpath.

Seriously, this starts to be getting irritating. How much one can debug 10
lines of code....

I still get this wierdest thing:
logger.debug("some test message"); // <- DOES get printed.
my_code_here_based_on_HttpClient; // <- should produce tons of logging
output but DOES NOT.
logger.debug("some test message"); // <- DOES get printed.

Can anyone show their working example? (no maven/wierd stuff pls)