From tommmmmm <tommm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use logging abilities of HttpClient?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:48:36 GMT
On 10 April 2012 19:36, Ken Krugler <kkrugler_lists@transpac.com> wrote:

> Hi Tomasz,
>
> Typically logging issues wind up having little or nothing to do with the
> actual code being used to do the logging.
>
> Where you need to be looking is classpath and jar issues, which requires
> project context, not source code.

.. how Q.Q T.T #_#

> I did a quick google search on "netbeans log4j commons logging" and found
> a few interesting hits. One suggestion was to add:
>

> System.out.println(getClass().getClassloader().getResource("log4j.properties"));
>
> to figure out exactly which log4j.properties file is being used.

That actually might be a good hint, because
HttpClient httpClient = new DefaultHttpClient();
System.out.println(httpClient.getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("log4j.properties"));
... it produces: null

> And yes, problems with logging frameworks are frustrating. I've spent many
> hours tracking down issues, especially in the land of app servers (Jetty,
> Resin, Tomcat, etc).
>
> But since everyone on this list is trying to help for free, a less
> antagonistic tone would be appreciated.

I never whine first 5 hours. 5-10 is progressing bad and after 10th I tend
to get banned from wherever I post. I guess making a break would help, but
I can't afford such luxury as time - it is always very much against me.

> Regards,
>
> -- Ken

Thank you Ken. Now I know the instance of httpClient is using null
properties file.