From tommmmmm <tommm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use logging abilities of HttpClient?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:22:10 GMT
> Sort out your local mess. HttpClient DOES NOT enforce any particular
> logging configuration. It uses Commons Logging API. You cannot blame Log4j
> configuration issues on HttpClient.
>
> Oleg

There is no local mess, because I am not using anything fancy. In fact I am
NOT using anything at all besides that one tiny logging + I am only using
the given example from:
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/logging.html This:

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, stdout

log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%c] %m%n

log4j.logger.org.apache.http=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.apache.http.wire=ERROR

And I changed INFO and ERROR to DEBUG, just in case.

So, to sum it up, there are 5 lines of code (1. Initializing HttpClient 2.
Initializing HttpGet 3. Initializing simple handler 4. Executing method 5.
Printing output), and only the given example from the webpage (that
theoretically should work off the bat). So, no mess. Not at all.