From Toby <toby.wes...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing Proxy Chaining in Apache HTTP
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 12:27:43 GMT
Hi Folks,

I posted a question on Stack Overflow (at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9698935/proxy-chaining-in-apache-http)
and it was suggested I ask here so here goes...

I'd like to send http messages through something that I can control (mainly
so that I can record statistics and stash the request/response along with
the headers for auditing etc). So far, I'm using LittleProxy as a proxy to
do this but I'd like to be able to send the messages through say, a
corporate proxy before sending it onto my proxy. Hence I was looking at
proxy tunnelling with Apache HTTP.

I've found the source that says "Proxy chains are not supported." along
with a developer comment suggesting it can be done and where to start
looking. I'm happy to get stuck into the source and attempt to do so but
it'd be great if I can get a few pointers (especially around how to hook
any 'customisation' in).

oh, I'd be happy to be corrected if I am on the wrong track. I'm assuming
'proxy tunnelling' is what I've tried to describe above and so is the right
avenue...

I should say that I'm open to alternative ideas too, I had originally tried
to redirect all messages to a socket that I control, record the message
details then send on to the original port but I didn't get very far with
that.

Thanks for any pointers,
Toby