From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using RSA cryptoj for SSLSocket
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 14:09:53 GMT
On Sat, 2012-03-03 at 05:53 -0800, becks007 wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have written a custom socket factory to handle the
> com.rsa.ssl.SSLSocket/com.rsa.ssl.SSLSession instead of
> javax.net.ssl.SSLSession/javax.net.ssl.SSLSocket.
>
> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/tutorial/html/connmgmt.html#d5e531
> mentions that httpclient only support JCE/JSSE.
>
> Seems like am duplicate a lot of code which is already supported by the
> httpclient. Is there any mechanism by which i use apart for customizing
> SocketFactory?
>
> I wanted to evaluate if  adding
> com.rsa.jsse.JsseProvider/com.rsa.jsafe.provider.JsafeJCE providers to the
> java.security.Security.addProvider() during the program startup could
> probably get rid of customization of the socket factory.
>
> Regards
> bekz

I believe that just registering an additional provider is not enough.
One also needs to make it default. Try registering the provider as the
most preferred one using the java.security.Security#insertProviderAt()
method. If that does not help you may have to tweak provider settings in
the java.security file.

Hope this helps

Oleg