From Aekold Helbrass <helbr...@gmail.com>
Subject inconsistent response from HttpCore-NIO server under stress conditions
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:52:32 GMT
Hi All

We are writing custom HTTP server based on HttpCore-NIO, and we want
to test it under stress conditions.

We have dependency on another server, so we are suspending output for
1 second to wait for response (separate thread is responsible for
output resuming via callback). Then if we got any data - it is
written, otherwise we are sending empty response and custom client
will try again in few seconds. And under normal conditions everything
works just fine, but when we are launching stress test - output is
resumed but after resuming produceContent() method is never invoked.

The question is, what parameter is responsible for this behaviour? I
suppose it can be SO_TIMEOUT, increasing SO_TIMEOUT partially helped,
but are there any other parameters that may change behaviour under
stress conditions?

Thanx.