From becks007 <anoob.bac...@ca.com>
Subject Re: workaround for java.net.URI fails for RFC 3986
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 08:53:34 GMT

Thanks Oleg!

The key issue is that java.net.URI is not allowing to create object without
encoding the URL.
org.apache.http.impl.client.RequestWrapper.getRequestLine() use
java.net.URI.toASCIIString() though I override the
org.apache.http.HttpRequest.getRequestLine() by creating a custom method
implementation like HttpPost/HttpGet still primary control is with
RequestWrapper.

Now regarding first option of switching to HttpCore I couldn't clearly
understand what are the key differences or possibly what could be impact in
using HttpCore now. If there are good enough reasons to write a message
writter as you suggested will go with that. I had a look at the code and I
couldn't get the message writer overriding class which you are mentioning.

Also I need to use connection management and multi-threaded connection pool
so I believe this will have to stick with httpcomponents.

Regards