From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: nio ssl client with and without
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:37:53 GMT
On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 08:29 +0100, Marcin Bazydlo wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a proxy based on http components. We are currently upgrading it
> to support ssl. We did fine on incoming part, but we are struggling with
> the outgoing connections. We implemented both connections to SSL site
> and to non-ssl site, but we would like to be able to handle both in one
> reactor. Is it possible? What is the best way to do it? Currently, we
> are thinking on implementing IOEventDispatcher which would (depending on
> the connection port) pass requests to either Default or SSL implementation.
>
> I would be glad to hear any comments and suggestions.
>
> Best regards,
> Marcin Bazydlo

Marcin,

Indeed, what you need is a custom IOEventDispatcher that is aware of SSL
connections and that can handle differently than plain connections.

I assume you are using HttpCore 4.1.x. If you do not want to upgrade to
4.2-beta1, you could borrow such implementation from SVN:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/trunk/httpcore-nio/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/nio/reactor/AbstractIODispatch.java

Hope this helps

Oleg