From VJ <vjkumar.bor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTPClient SOCKS proxy setup, DNS name is not resolved - UnknownHostException
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 05:57:38 GMT
Yes. SOCKS Proxy can resolve the somesharepoint.mydomain.com
What I failed to understand (may be, my lack of knowledge) is: how come
InetAddress.getAllByName(host); fails in HTTPClient -> SOCKS Proxy set up
and does not fail in HTTP Client -> HTTP Proxy OR
Java's javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection -> SOCKS Proxy.
I believe InetAddress.getAllByName(host); that is causing a problem is a
Java API right?

I would continue to dig.

Regards
VJ