From Nitin Arora <aro_ni...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Authenticate Proxy using currently logged on domain user's credentials
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 18:27:08 GMT

Oleg,

I found out that there is an implementation of HttpURLConnection in the
package (sun.net.www.protocol.http) which uses the current logged on user's
credentials to perform NTLM authentication.

Based on the debugging that I've done, I did not see the usage of native
windows API. It's a pure Java based implementation. (Correct me if I'm
wrong)

Can't we have the same implementation in the Apache HttpClient library?

I'm currently figuring out how can I use the same logic as being used in
sun.net.www.http.HttpURLConnection in the Apache HttpClient Library. If you
aware then can you share your thoughts?

Using native windows API is the last option that I would opt for.

Nitin