From ನಾಗೇಶ್ ಸುಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯ (Nagesh S) <nageshbl...@gmail.com>
Subject Simulating cURL command -k switch (and others) with HttpClient
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 16:55:31 GMT
Hi,
My goal is to do authentication with HttpClient that is currently being
done using cURL as follows. I have gone through the samples for SSL
connectivity. But, I am not sure how to simulate the -k switch that is
described below. Can you please give me hints on how to do this ?

curl -k -L -b cookies.txt -c cookies.txt https://server/authenticate

curl -k -L -b cookies.txt -c cookies.txt https://server/login -d
user_name=john -d pass_word=J0hn

-k/--insecure
              (SSL)  This option explicitly allows curl to perform
"insecure" SSL connections and transfers. All SSL connections are attempted
to be made
              secure by using the CA certificate bundle installed by
default. This makes all connections considered "insecure" fail unless
-k/--insecure
              is used.

NOTE: I am also interested in tackling the -L, -b and -c switches. But, one
step at a time ... ;)