From Joonas Koivunen <joonas.koivu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simulating cURL command -k switch (and others) with HttpClient
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 02:02:40 GMT
2011/11/7 ನಾಗೇಶ್ ಸುಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯ (Nagesh S) <nageshblore@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> My goal is to do authentication with HttpClient that is currently being
> done using cURL as follows. I have gone through the samples for SSL
> connectivity. But, I am not sure how to simulate the -k switch that is
> described below. Can you please give me hints on how to do this ?

> -k/--insecure

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/tutorial/html/connmgmt.html#d4e537

The comment "Oh, I am easy!" means that the TrustManager
implementation trusts everything -- if it didn't, it is supposed to
throw an exception. Trusting everything is "insecure".

Cipher suites are another aspect; I'm not so familiar configuring
those nor do I know if --insecure with curl implies using any
ciphersuite, but I'd guess you can find a listing of those names, such
as the mentioned "SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5" in some Sun/Oracle Java
Security documentation.

--
-- Joonas Koivunen