From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JAVA Client on Windows 7 talking to ISS 6 with no HTTPs but Integrated Windows Authentication turned ON
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:03:41 GMT
On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 09:29:10AM -0500, Milind Kadam wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I am new to HTTPClient and trying to use it to implement JAVA Client which
> can talk to Web Server. I wan using URLConnect and everything was working
> fine against IIS 6 web server until disabled the anonymous access. So
> trying to use the HTTPClient. Example ClientInteractiveAuthentication.java
> works fine if I choose Basic authentication but when I set Integrated
> Windows authentication; authState.getAuthScheme returns null.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Milind

Milind,

If you run your applications with the wire / context logging on as described here [1] you
should get additional details about request execution process and might be able to see why
HttpClient was unable to authenticate when Integrated Windows authentication is activated
on the server side.

Oleg

[1] http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/logging.html