From Matt Solnit <msol...@soasta.com>
Subject What is the preferred way to override host name resolution in HC 4.1?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:58:23 GMT
Hi everyone.  In HC 4.0, the way that a host name is converted to an InetAddress object could
be overridden by passing a custom HostNameResolver implementation to the socket factory.
It looks like in HC 4.1, this is deprecated.  What is the preferred way of customizing host
name resolution?

I took a look at the source code, and I am guessing I will need to override DefaultClientConnectionOperator.resolveHostName().
 But I want to be sure this is the best way.

-- Matt