From Vasile Alin <alinachegal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the preferred way to override host name resolution in HC 4.1?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:43:24 GMT
On 14 October 2011 18:58, Matt Solnit <msolnit@soasta.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.  In HC 4.0, the way that a host name is converted to an InetAddress object
could be overridden by passing a custom HostNameResolver implementation to the socket factory.
 It looks like in HC 4.1, this is deprecated.  What is the preferred way of customizing
host name resolution?

> I took a look at the source code, and I am guessing I will need to override DefaultClientConnectionOperator.resolveHostName().
 But I want to be sure this is the best way.

For HC 4.1 I would say the same, this looks the only way to do it.
Will be hard to use your implementation because you must extend also
SingleClientConnManager in order to inject it.

In HC 4.2 this will be much simpler, but this version is not GA yet.