From Vasile Alin <alinachegal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the preferred way to override host name resolution in HC 4.1?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:21:15 GMT
Alternatively you can inspire from the code available in 4.2:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/httpclient/src/main/java/org/apache/http/conn/DnsResolver.java

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/httpclient/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/conn/SystemDefaultDnsResolver.java

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/httpclient/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/conn/InMemoryDnsResolver.java

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/httpclient/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/conn/DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java

On 14 October 2011 20:43, Vasile Alin <alinachegalati@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 October 2011 18:58, Matt Solnit <msolnit@soasta.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone.  In HC 4.0, the way that a host name is converted to an InetAddress
object could be overridden by passing a custom HostNameResolver implementation to the socket
factory.  It looks like in HC 4.1, this is deprecated.  What is the preferred way of customizing
host name resolution?

>> I took a look at the source code, and I am guessing I will need to override DefaultClientConnectionOperator.resolveHostName().
 But I want to be sure this is the best way.