From pjuza <pj...@seznam.cz>
Subject HttpClient with Resource Adapter?
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 07:22:58 GMT

Hello,
I would like to ask you about using HttpClient with Resource adapter as
suggested in issue HTTPCLIENT-720
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-720)?

We need to solve the following problem - we have some connectors (sql, jms,
quartz, ...) in our system and each connector use global pooling system from
application server (WAS 7). It's advantegous for us - we can admin, maintain
and manage these poolers directly in appl. server via administration console
(btw: this is mainly important for support people, not for us developers).
Now we need to create new web services connector with using Spring WS and
HttpClient. And we want to use global poolers from server in the same way as
for previous connectors.

We got idea that we could create JCA resource adapter in Managed
Environment. Resource adapter would have one function only and it's pooling.
Then we would implement new ClientConnectionManager (propably similar to
SingleClientConnManager) with connection to resource adapter.

Please what do you think about? Is that good idea or not? Is it feasible at
all? You were discussing something similar in post "HttpCore/HttpClient
services integration in a J2EE Servlet container" but with different goals.

Thank you very much,
PETER