From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handshakes
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 21:30:17 GMT
On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 22:06 +0200, Wojciech Klicki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use HttpClient to do few get requests to server that require two-way
> authentication. I see in HttpClient logs that each time a request is made a
> handshake is done. And this sends a lot of data along (for example
> certificates). Is there a possibility to reuse connection in a way that
> would allow to send few following requests within one handshake ?
>
> --Pozdrawiam,
>
> Wojciech Klicki

Wojciech

You need to make sure that logically related requests share the same
execution context (HttpContext instance). The user identity (principal)
is added to the execution context, when available, and this enables
HttpClient to re-use persistent connections that have been open
specifically for that particular user (such as HTTPS connections with
client authentication or NTLM connections).

hope this helps

Oleg