From Michael Remijan <mjremi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Confused about target host and proxy authentication
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 19:36:04 GMT
Do you call

httpclient.getCredentialsProvider().setCredentials(..)

multiple times then for however many credentials you have?

________________________________
From: Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>
To: Michael Remijan <mjremijan@yahoo.com>
Cc: HttpClient User Discussion <httpclient-users@hc.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2011 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: Confused about target host and proxy authentication

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 11:30 -0700, Michael Remijan wrote:

> I'm sorry, I forgot to include that information...
>
>     <dependency>
>       <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
>       <artifactId>httpclient</artifactId>
>       <version>4.1.2</version>
>     </dependency>

Then, I am not sure I understand the problem. All you have to do is to
configure the auth credentials provider with two sets of credentials
(one or target server and another one for the proxy) as described here
[1] and HttpClient will take care of the rest.

Oleg

[1]
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/tutorial/html/authentication.html#d4e971

to the proxy.  After I have the connection to the proxy, I then need to also provide BASIC
authentication to target host I'm contacting. I'm confused how to do this configuration.
I have followed the examples and I know how to get a non-authenticating proxy to work and
I have also followed the examples to provide BASIC authentication to my target host.  In
my case the usernames/passwords for both are different so I'm confused how to provide authenticating
information for the proxy as well.  Any help would be appreciated.