From Sam Crawford <samcrawf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using ThreadSafeClientConnManager
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 14:03:47 GMT
Yes, absolutely. The HTTP/1.1 RFC says you should make 2 connections
per host, and HttpClient obeys that strictly out-of-the-box (side
note: web browsers do not anymore).

A 'route' in HttpClient is typically defined as protocol (HTTP/HTTPS)
+ host + port. I see there are some additional options in 4.1.x for
tunneling, but the three I listed will be the primary ones.

See section 2.8.4 in
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/tutorial/html/connmgmt.html.
You'll want to change either the default max per route or the max for
an individual route.

Hope this helps,

Sam

On 4 August 2011 14:55, KARR, DAVID (ATTSI) <dk068x@att.com> wrote:
> [...]
this.  Is a "route" defined as the path to a particular host?  If all of my connections
go to the same host, and I'll have numerous threads trying to make that connection, do I need
to change some default to allow more than 2 connections per "route"?