From Jacob Williams <jaco...@gmail.com>
Subject HttpMethod - releasing connections by closing body stream
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 22:42:59 GMT
In HttpClient 3 HttpMethod provides a releaseConnection method. An OAuth
library I'm working with (http://oauth.googlecode.com/svn/code/java/) uses
HttpMethod but doesn't provide a way of invoking releaseConnection. As a
workaround I'm using getResponseBodyAsStream().close() (even though I don't
need the response body). This seems to work but I'm not sure why - anyone
know if that's a normal/reliable way of releasing the connection?

Thanks,
Jacob Williams