From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.2-alpha1 Released
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2011 22:05:59 GMT
On Sat, 2011-08-20 at 17:08 -0400, Dan Checkoway wrote:
> Cool, thanks Oleg.  If you happen to have any online doc ready, can you
> point me in the right direction on that?
>
> I've got a bunch of code that's heavily dependent on
> ThreadSafeClientConnManager and would like to migrate to the "new way" when
> it's ready.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

Dan,

There is no need for you to migrate off ThreadSafeClientConnManager
until Httpclient 4.2 goes GA which is unlikely to happen before the end
of the year. Besides, the new pooling connection manager should be
pretty much a drop in replacement for ThreadSafeClientConnManager
requiring virtually no changes in application code. You might want to
take a look at the first ALPHA once it is ready and see how it fares.

Oleg