From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.2-alpha1 Released
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2011 15:47:13 GMT
On Sat, 2011-08-20 at 00:40 -0400, Dan Checkoway wrote:
> Oleg,
>
> I'm curious how the new stuff compares to ThreadSafeClientConnManager.  Is
> there a new or different preferred methodology as of 4.2?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

The connection pool components are based on the
ThreadSafeClientConnManager code but have a slightly different API and a
much smaller API footprint (all internal data structures of the
connection pool are now package private whereas they used to be
protected and it was almost impossible to change them without breaking
API compatibility). A new connection manager based on the new connection
pool components from HttpCore will replace the
ThreadSafeClientConnManager in release 4.2.

Oleg