From Stefan Huggenberger <hu...@huggi.ch>
Subject Re: NTLMv2 against sharepoint
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:48:27 GMT

Am 20.07.2011 16:07, schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
> On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 15:32 +0200, Stefan Huggenberger wrote:
>> Thanks Sam for the hints. It has to fail on the java side. A perl ntmlv2
>> login works fine?!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Stefan
>>
> The NTLM engine implementation used by HttpClient 4.1 is known to have
> flaws. You may have better luck with JCIFS engine. For details see:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/src/site/apt/ntlm.apt
>
> Oleg
Thanks a lot Oleg. With the JCIFS implementation it works fine.

But on the jcifs homepage is written: "IMPORTANT: All HTTP related code
and corresponding documentation in JCIFS is not supported, no longer
maintained and will be removed because it is broken and obsolete (and
because HTTP has nothing to do with CIFS). This page remains only for
informational purposes and for legacy users. "

Should I open a Bug in the apache httpclient project? In my opinion it's
better not to support NTLM or implement it correctly ;) It is written on
the apache page, that NTLM is fully supported.

Thank you very much again.
Stefan