From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject troubleshooting a 3rd party app that uses httpclient
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:10:12 GMT
Hey,

I'm not building anything with httpclient myself, but I'm performance
testing an app that I built with a 3rd party component that makes heavy use
of httpclient.  I'm trying to rule out a performance bottleneck that, to my
untrained mind, seems like it might be coming from improper configuration or
use of httpclient.

The Problem:

I have a web app that connects to a data tier server via httpclient.  When I
stress my web app with concurrent users I never see more than 2 TCP
connections from the web app to the data tier, and performance degrades
significantly.  I've read through the httpclient docs, but haven't gleaned
enough myself to judge other folks use of the api.  What I'd like from
someone here is to tell me whether I can take it as a sign of a httpclient
config or usage issue that under an increased load I still only see two TCP
connections.

Thanks,
Chad