From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: troubleshooting a 3rd party app that uses httpclient
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 23:35:33 GMT

> The default max connections per host is 2 in httpclient, so that's almost
> certainly what you're running into (connection pool is too small). In this
> scenario you will want to increase both the max total connections and the
> max connections per route.

The code I'm looking at uses the MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.
Unlike the ThreadSafeClientConnManager dicussed in your link, this
connection manager uses a param map for its configuration.  There are
no setter methods.  This is no problem because I can just get the map
and change the params myself.  However, I kind of expected that I
would be able to set some java properties to control this.  But when I
look into the HttpConnectionManagerParams class, and all of it's class
hierachy, it's unclear how to best control these parameter values.