From PocketA <giora...@gmail.com>
Subject Stale connection who is to blame ?
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 06:34:43 GMT

Hi All,

In this program that I am writing I use a http client for sending secured
requests to a remote server.
I have no idea what implementation is on this server but I know from its
logs that it recieves my requests.

Problem is that once in a while I see in the httpclient log file that the
socket is stale. On the server logs I see a request rejected (authentication
failed as no user/password sent) but immediately sent again with the needed
credentials and the request is processed succesfully. (In my code I do NOT
send the request twice if an error occurs so I believe this is the mechanism
of httpclient)

My question is :

Who is the one making the connection stale ? Is it the client or the server
and how can I control it ?

Thanks