From LongkerDandy <longkerda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP streaming using ProducingNHttpEntity
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 00:36:36 GMT
On 5/27/11, dvrslype <dvrslype@intec.ugent.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing a proxy server for large media files (that are shared with
> Windows Media Player through DLNA).
>
> In my first ignorant attempt, i just copy pasted the http client and
> server example together. On a request on my http server, it requests the
> file at the WMP side. Only when that is finished, it sends the response
> on the first request. I would like to enhance this to streaming.
>
> Here I read something about streaming with ProducingNHttpEntity.
> http://marc.info/?l=httpclient-commons-dev&m=122813780829230&w=2
>
> I read the entire tutorial, but couldn't figure out how to achieve this.
>
> This is an attempt to use ProducingNHttpEntity. It should be generating
> a chunk of textual content every second, but that didn't work out.
> http://pastebin.com/BQBh2P69
>
> Can somebody point me in the right direction, of give me a good example
> using ProducingNHttpEntity.
>
> regards,
>
> dvrslype

Hi
I'm also writing an open source DLNA Server in java.
And I got it partial work with XBox360 and WMP.

I don't think you need any streaming, since DLNA only support basic
http and rtsp.
And most render like WMP only support http transfer.

If you interest in my project, contact me.

Regards
LongkerDandy