From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject HttpConnectionMetrics - header and total size
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 19:42:31 GMT
In JMeter, we would like to be able to calculate the size of an
HttpResponse before Gzip and chunk decoding, so we're looking at using
HttpConnectionMetrics.

AFAICT, the metrics object can only be obtained after obtaining the
HttpResponse, i.e. after calling HttpClient#execute().

Now it looks as though getReceivedBytesCount() at this point will
include all the headers, but no content - is that guaranteed?
This would be very useful if that is the case.

Calling getReceivedBytesCount() after fully processing the content
shows the total size of the response in bytes, which is another metric
we want.