From Donald Fernandes <donal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help with EofSensorInputStream..
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:32:30 GMT

Hi Oleg,

 I want the stream to be open since i passing the response i receive to
another method, which parses the stream to do additional work....hence i
want it to be open. Later we are explcitly closing the stream...

Here is my code snippet ::
HttpPool :

	public void init()
	{
		ThreadSafeClientConnManager mgr  = new ThreadSafeClientConnManager();
		mgr.setDefaultMaxPerRoute(MAX_CONNECTION_PERHOST);
		mgr.setMaxTotal(HTTP_CONNECTIONPOOL_SIZE);
		mgr.closeIdleConnections(CONNECTION_IDLE_TIME*1000L, TimeUnit.MINUTES);
		client = new DefaultHttpClient(mgr);
		//  client.getParams().setParameter(HttpMethodParams.RETRY_HANDLER, new
DefaultHttpRequestRetryHandler(1,false));
		client.getParams().setParameter(HttpConnectionParams.SO_TIMEOUT,new
Integer(SO_TIMEOUT*60*1000));

	}

Code which uses this :

HttpPost postMethod =
createPostMethod(PropertyHandler.getStringProperty("URL"));
		try {
		HttpEntity requestEntity = new StringEntity(wrdJaxbString);  // This is an
XML marshlled to String
		postMethod.setEntity(requestEntity);
			HttpResponse status = client.execute(postMethod);

	/* Does not work :(  */
			EofSensorWatcher watcher  = new BasicEofSensorWatcher(new
BasicPooledConnAdapter(httpConnectionPoolMgr.getMgr(), new BasicPoolEntry
					(new DefaultClientConnectionOperator(new SchemeRegistry()), new
HttpRoute(new HttpHost("hostname")))) , false );
			EofSensorInputStream result = new
EofSensorInputStream(status.getEntity().getContent(), watcher);
	/* Does not work :(  */

			response = status.getEntity().getContent();
			} catch (IOException e) {}
			finally {
			postMethod.abort();
			}
			return response;

This is a REST call, the response is sent to another module for further
processing of the stream