From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Connection Pool Event Listeners
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:57:51 GMT
On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 16:35 -0500, Neil Chaudhuri wrote:
> I am using ThreadSafeClientConnManager to manage a pool of connections to serve multiple
threads, but some of the requests and responses have cookies set. Obviously, I would like
to return the connections to the pool in the same condition I retrieved them, which means
removing those cookies before connection release. To me, the cleanest way to accomplish this
would be some interceptor or listener that was registered for connection lease and release
events, but I don't see support for such a thing. Is there a way to accomplish this? Or if
not, what is the preferred approach to keep connections stateless between trips to the pool?

> Thanks.

I am not sure I understand your problem. HTTP cookies are _never_
persisted with connections kept alive in the pool.

Oleg