From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bytes Missing from HTTP Response
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2011 10:29:52 GMT
On Sat, 2011-04-02 at 06:10 -0400, Chad La Joie wrote:
> Okay, that makes sense.
>
> To test this, is there a way I can force the content type on the client
> side, prior to requesting the response entity, via the response object?

You can try adding Accept and / or Accept-Charset header to the request
message and see if the origin server responds appropriately.

However, generally you might be better off using some sort of a content
detection algorithm such that provided by Apache Tika toolkit. I suspect
wget does exactly that.

http://tika.apache.org/0.9/detection.html
http://tika.apache.org/

Oleg